December 30, 2013

Oh Hey Look It's The End of the Year

Here's to looking forward.

To say I haven't really paid much attention to the calendar this year is a bit of an understatement.

I woke up this morning and my first thought was "Eww. Monday." My second thought was "Oh hey Ben's still on vacation!" My third thought was "And the garage is torn up, so I don't have to do laundry today! Score!"

And then I realized that today it's the eve of New Year's eve.

I don't know about you, but I'm a so very much ready for this stupid horrible year to be over.

2013 has been full of stress, and pain, and depression, and irritation. There have been times this year that I really wasn't sure I could keep going, times I didn't even want to, and I'm just ready for it to be done and over with and move on.



Usually by this time of year I've got everything in order. I've usually reflected on the year, gotten my new goals and resolutions listed, I've gotten the year's files and things organized and ready to put away, etc.

This year?


Pffffffffffffffftttttttt.

I got up and I got dressed this morning. That makes it a good day.

One of the hardest things about this past year was watching myself slip away. My "I can handle everything, everything is in it's place, I know what we're having for dinner, what the kids are wearing, all my chores are handled. I'm freaking June Cleaver." attitude just up and disappeared somewhere around the beginning of the year.

I can't seem to keep anything together anymore. I'm lucky if I can plan for one meal in a week.

I'm so ready for this to be over. I'm really hoping that 2014 brings the return of my mojo.

I am attempting to get my house moderately clean today and tomorrow so that the New Year doesn't start off with a messy house. We'll see how well that goes.



One good and exciting thing from the past week - My sister announced what she's having on Christmas day.

She's having TWIN baby girls!! Apparently having twins our first time around is a new family tradition. I am SUPER excited about that, so 2014 is already looking a bit brighter.

I don't have a list of goals to share with you. I haven't even thought of anything.

Sure, there are things I'd like to do, or am hoping to do, but nothing that I feel I should really write down.

I feel I might rename the blog again.

Bumblewood will be growing. I'm very busy on that front. There will be new goodies, new scents, lots of fun things going on.

Knitting has almost stopped all together, so I don't see much on that front aside from finishing some requested stockings.

I'm sure the garden will be up and down this year.



But as for me, and home, I think my goals are to just:

- Not be as stressed.
- Not be as depressed.
- Be more patient.

Ok. That sounds like a good list.

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed, amazing 2014.

Happy New Year!!
Meg

10 comments:

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Well I certainly do hope you get your mojo back. We miss your posts!! :) So happy things seem to be going well or at least better and CONGRATULATIONS to your sister on the twins. Wow! She'll be one busy woman. :)

Reifyn said...

Hi Meg, Well, I think you know how 2013 has been for me...but just think: I also lived through recent years that have been amazingly difficult too. But I am glad for the realisations I've had and the things I've gained inwardly; and also the small community of fellow bloggers I've found.
Remember what Henry Ford said 'When I can't handle events, I let them handle themselves.' sometimes one must do this. One thing I really learned this year is that I can't really 'control' the world around me, and so have to figure out what to do with what happens, or else leave it alone if that's what I've got to do. I am a great procrastinator and usually wait until the very last moment to do anything at all; I find this is because I want the challenge of dealing with crazy things sometimes--not deliberately of course...
For me I learned that if I try and take on too much at once, I can't get anything done and prefer to do nothing as it's all to overwhelming--so I make a little list of things and do them a little at a time, even if not completed all at once that same day. As long as I complete a 'unit of work' so to speak.
So I to am hoping things drastically improve during the next year...for both of us.
If you like reading, you might get a little something out of a book I read once by Thomas Moore called 'Care of the Soul'. He had some interesting and different way of viewing certain things like depression.
As long as you never rename 'Bumblewood'! I like that name too much. It belongs on a map of a fantasy world, Bumblewood, a forest full of bumblebee buzzing around. I'm not going to rename my blog, but there'll be a new header picture quite soon.
Here's to 2014--best wishes to you!
-Reifyn

daisy g said...

Hope you're feeling stronger soon. When I feel overwhelmed, I try to remember that everything doesn't have to be done right now. And that this feeling won't last forever. It's just a storm to weather with as much support as I can get from those who care about me.
Whatever you do, it's enough!
Hope you can find the blessings in the new year.

Farm Girl said...

Hey, we need a day next week. So put that on your New Year Calendar. I think you do so amazing, I mean Christmas Eve when the boys said all they were looking for in a wife was someone to cook better than Mom, and Ben cheered and shook his head Yes!!! I don't know what you worry about, the kids are clean and happy and Ben looks healthy. You are stunningly beautiful so I think you are doing wonderful. I think you are much harder on you than anyone else will be so you have to give you a break. :) As your MIL you know I am so totally proud of you. You continually blow my mind at all you do. Just breathe. :) I love you.

Unknown said...

Here for you Mrs. Awesome! Hope both of our new years are a lot better =)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Your goals sound pretty good to me. I hope this year is better than the last and is your best year yet! It will be so exciting with the new twin girls in the family :)

Kim said...

2013 did suck! I hope we all have a better 2014. Congratulations on another set of twins joining the family

Pedro Garcia Millan said...

NO HAGAN NEGOCIOS CON EXPOAUTOS.COM.MX Y GLOBAL-BIT.COM en Morelia, ...

http://pedromillan.blogspot.com/

Gracias y lo que parece barrato te sale carrisimo!

Sue said...

Hi Meg, stopping by to wish you and your dear family a most blessed 2014! I like your goals for the new year, sounds great for me too!

no spring chicken said...

Ah Meg. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm guilty of praising your June-ness, yet "Martha, Martha..." It may be a Mary season. Sit at the feet of Jesus and listen. You will always be amazing (are so amazing), but sometimes he wants you to slow down and 'soak' for awhile. Just do the basics with one of your adorables in your lap and listen. Oh yes, and attitude is everything. Always be thankful... ALWAYS be thankful!

Love, Debbie

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...