October 10, 2012

Mid-Week Random

Random Zombie picture.
I figured it's close enough to Halloween that zombies are appropriate now. ;)


~ First things first! I haven't turned my air conditioner on since Monday morning! I LOVE this weather. It has been a wonderfully breezy and cool mid-upper 70's so far this week. We have a chance of rain tomorrow and I really hope that holds out and happens. I would love a good storm and I really hope we have a wet winter.

~ Our debt free saga continues: While we've been "commercial" debt free since June of last year, we are still working our house. We played around with some numbers and realized that we can pay it off in 6 years for sure, possibly sooner. Considering we just bought it in 2009, I think that's a pretty cool thing. And once that's done we can work toward getting a chunk of land for the farm/ranch we dream of. 

~ Last night Ben and I were sitting on the porch enjoying the cool night when I heard a noise on the other side of the fence. We have stray cats all over the neighborhood so I figured that was just what it was, when I looked over and saw the figure scurrying along the top of the fence... And it wasn't a cat. It was an opossum! I couldn't believe it! I've never seen one up close before (it was seriously 5 feet away)... actually I don't think I've seen one in person before, and it kind of freaked me out. We're on the outskirts of town, but still in a fairly populated area, and I didn't know we had that kind of wildlife around here.

Swirly lace edge wrap in progress

~ I'm at the tail end of this large order - I have two scarves and two pairs of fingerless mitts done, and that leaves the wrap I am currently working on and one more scarf. After that, an order of Emilies in a few different colorways.

I still have openings for anything that can be completed from mid-November forward. If you'd like to place an order, now is the time!

I think my favorite part about working on orders is not so much the knitting and creating (which is fun, don't get me wrong) but getting the yarn in the mail. I love getting boxes of yarn in the mail. It's like presents! I have one due the beginning of next week and I can't wait.

~ I woke up to Munchie saying "nanananana" and "mumumumumum" on Monday morning. Looks like little Mr. is going to be an early talker. He spent all of dinner fussing at and talking to his food last night, in a very serious fashion. It was really cute.

~ I've been in a housekeeping and organizing slump for awhile - since about the time Munchie was born I think. I've been feeling so scatter brained and really not my normally anal self. A friend gave me an organizational handbook for home and school complete with blank forms and how to use them and as I've been reading through it my brain is feeling more refreshed and ready to get back into the swing of things. I've realized that we need a new schedule now that we are doing school in the mornings (my usual Clean The House time) and it has given me some new ideas on keeping up with paperwork and everything else. It's called The 99 Cent Notebook System, for anyone interested (put out in the late 90's). Thank you Sandy! I think you saved my sanity.

~ We are late in starting our fall garden, but I'm hoping to get seeds in the ground this weekend. All my seedlings that I had started in the garage died - a million degrees and not enough water will do that. Plus out of sight, out of mind didn't help. So! I'll just be restarting everything in our garden beds and see what happens.

~ Quick P90X update: We're in week 5! Some days I really just want to quit, but I'm so glad Ben is doing it to keep me going. I feel like if I quit and he keeps going I'm a total wimp. Good news is I've lost 2 inches since we started. I'm also starting to lose a bit of actual weight now that my muscle weight has seemed to hit the max. For awhile I wasn't gaining or losing, so I must have been switching fat weight for muscle weight. But as of this morning I've lost 3 of the 15 pounds I want to lose. Huzzah!

Happy Wednesday!
Meg


5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

So nice to get caught up with you. A possum was on your fence? Yuck!! I am glad you are having such great things going on. It is awesome.
I am glad school is going good too.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Good news on most fronts...especially the debt free saga...it's the only way to live!
Your knitting is fabulous, very beautiful.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

I love your Zombies. They are so cute (er...scary). :) Hooray on the wrap!! It's beautiful! I completely understand the yarn thing.....yarn, fabric, craft paper......love to get it all. :) I commend you on the 6-year plan. That's really fantastic. Not so fantastic, however, about the opossum. They are not cute and are mean. That tail of theirs creeps me out. That's so cute about Munchie. Don't you just love the baby talk? Happy Wednesday!

Kessie said...

I'm glad your brain is coming back a bit. Also, that's so cool you can have your house paid off so fast! Also, ick about the possum. If any of your produce disappeared, now you know why. :-)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

We have opossum in our neighborhood along with skunks and raccoons. I hate the way possums eye glare red. Kind of creepy. I'm thrilled that your house will be paid off. You guys are really doing things right. Good for you!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...