August 1, 2012

Hello August!

Welcome to August, my friends! As Ben said last night, "We're running out of year!". I am planning for Christmas already - can you believe it? Gosh it's almost here!

Today I thought I would participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Are children playing, butterflies are flitting around and birds are chirping. I love wildlife! (Kids included.)

I am thinking... About the farm/acreage that we are working toward - someday! Hopefully soonish.

I am thankful... For everything we have been given, and the protection of my family. I'm still feeling weird about the whole breaker thing.

In the kitchen... Apple Cinnamon muffins for breakfast. And I'm about a quart of tomatoes and 1.5 Anaheim chilies away from making chili sauce!

I am wearing... Shorts and a t-shirt. Too hot for much else.

I am creating... Trying to finish a sock so I can start ornaments for sale.

I am going... Nowhere! Car's in the shop - We got our estimate yesterday and 2nd gear is completely gone, so it going to get fixed for about what we had planned monetarily (thank you, thank you). Not sure when we're getting it back though...

I am wondering... How my nieces and nephew are fairing with the chicken pox.

I am reading... Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats. It's fascinating, and I wish we had room in our backyard. ;)

I am hoping... To stuff my pantry full to bursting this year.

I am looking forward to... Having a fall garden, and our upcoming vacation.

I am learning... Patience... Ever so slowly. It's a never ending battle around here.

Around the house... Are Legos, alphabet letter magnets, and baby things.

I am pondering... Why my children do the things they do sometimes.

A favorite quote for today... "Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers." - William Shakespeare

One of my favorite things... Silence. It truly is golden (and rare in a house of 4 boys!).

A few plans for the rest of the week: Baking bread, finishing the sock, get the few tomatoes I have into the freezer for future use.

A peek into my day...


5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Awesome, I am so glad you did a daybook. I enjoyed reading about your day.

Kessie said...

Still incubating for two munchkins, and the third is nearly well, but still under the weather. I just love your daybook answers! I hope you can save up for your farm. Where are you shopping for one?

Lynn said...

It's hard to believe it's already August. I enjoyed reading about your "daybook." Fun. I like that Shakespeare quote, too. I've never heard that one before.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Love it! Christmas???? Oh dear. Ben is correct though....I'm just not sure how the days are moving so quickly. I loved this post. :)

Unknown said...

Enjoying your blog. I am now a follower.

Cindy

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...