January 23, 2012

Drizzly Monday

Last year's rain picture, but it looks the same outside today.


Ah, what a beautiful, wonderful, grey, wet morning. I'm finally seeing some rain!

How was your weekend? Ours was very nice and productive.

It rained a bit Friday night and early Saturday morning, but by the time it was light enough to appreciate it, the rain had stopped and the clouds went away. I was so disappointed. But today looks like it will be a better day for rain.

Thank you all so much for the meal suggestions! You've reminded me of quite a few I used to make, and given me some new ideas as well. Between those suggestions and some cookbooks I got at the library I think I will get out of my slump and be nicely prepped for baby.

I had a baking binge on Saturday that produce 2 loaves of toast bread, two big batches of rolls (one for the freezer), 2 loaves of french bread, a double batch of pizza dough that became pizza for dinner and calzones for the freezer, and a triple batch of pancakes (which disappeared by Sunday morning. So much for lasting all week.) My kitchen is covered in bread products and it's wonderful.

And today I think I will make some sweet thing. Cookies, or brownies or something.

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I think I wore myself out on Saturday. But Ben took advantage of the sunny weather and mowed the lawn and cleaned flower beds. Everything looks so nice now, and we are dreaming of the plants to come. I am so excited to be cooking from my backyard again. Too bad I still have to wait quite a long time for that.

When I wasn't baking, I spent the weekend working on some Valentine's ornaments and I have half of one left. They are so stinkin' cute. Once I'm done with these I think I will take a knitting break (gasp) to get some reading done (my hands are starting to hurt a bit), and then it's time for baby things! Seeing as how I don't have very long left and I can't bring him home naked. ;)

Mmmm, it's started raining nicely now. Time for laundry and then sitting in my rocking chair with a big cup of tea and enjoying this weather while it's here.

Have a great Monday!
Meg

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It is very nice today. I went out and walked around in it. I wish I could sit and sew today but you know it is Monday. Wow, cool on all of the bread things you got made.
It made me laugh, I don't think you would have to bring little baby home naked, all of the grandmothers the little shaver have would think something up.
I do hope you get to rest, you looked tired the other day.

Kim said...

Ahh, I think you deserve more than one lazy day! I don't know know how you do all that you do with 3 little ones and another just around the corner.

Allison said...

Rain and rocking chairs... so perfect!

no spring chicken said...

Sounds lovely. If I were closer I'd come by for a rock (in a chair) and a cuppa. Probably wouldn't even wait to be invited!

Blessings, Debbie

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Whoo hoo! About the ornaments. I'm very excited. A break sounds like a good plan, though, I'm not sure you know what a break is. :) Happy Monday!

Jennifer said...

Glad you are feeling better! Nothing worse than being sick and pregnant!

myletterstoemily said...

you are quite a rain addict! me,too!

thought you might like to know that
my little zombie is on a shelf above
my stove. friends ask me all the time
where he came from.

the wood sprites, of course!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Meg,

Funny I clicked over here today from Kim (Farm Girl) and it's a rainy day here today and my mom came over and we made fudge! She has the magic touch and I'm trying to get it! lol! It was a good day....cozy and baking inside with drizzling rain outside!

Have a wonderful day! :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...