December 12, 2011

Hello, Monday!


Today is the start of a new week and I am bound and determined to make this week better than last week. While we had a wonderful break in the middle for the concert, it was not a great week. I don't want to move my butt from this house until Sunday.

My cold, thankfully, turned out to be just a head cold and while I'm still feeling the effects of it I'm very glad that it didn't knock me out as much as a full cold would have. It did make for a Super Grumpy Meg on Saturday though, compounded by Super Grumpy Kids Who Needed Naps, so I apologize to my sister for possibly crapping on her Wedding Dress Try On event and lunch. (I would like to mention how weird it is seeing my baby sister try on wedding dresses.)

Now! On to better stuff! :D

Today I decided to just get on it and clean my house really well. It's been awhile since it's had a deep clean and I've been feeling kind of crazy because of it. As of typing this, the bathrooms are clean, trashes are emptied, floors are vaccuumed and the laundry is half finished. Things are tidied and put away. I am even diving into the stash closet to reorganize yarns and supplies to get ready for end of year inventory. I just need to clean out the fridge and finish the laundry.

And to top it all off, we're supposed to get rain today and/or tomorrow! Woohoo!


I have two loaves of bread rising, and a batch of cinnamon rolls doing the same. And if I'm feeling really frisky later I might make cookies! Or brownies. Or blondies... I'm having a dreadful sweet tooth, can you tell? ;)

I have been working on this:



A baby blanket for Ben's co-worker that I started Thursday. It's Intarsia. Intarsia knitting involves separate blocks of color which is accomplished by using separate bits of yarn (even if you're only using two or three colors). In my case, that means 7 different bits of yarn, all dangly and tangly on the back side.

Oy.

I've never done Intarsia before, but after a fiddly, frustrating and possibly expletive-filled start and restart... All is going well! It's still fiddly, but I think I've got the hang of it.

I like that this particular order is forcing me to try something new and not letting me give up. Hoorah! And I'm on schedule - Double Hoorah!

I have a BIG HUGE GIANT thing to show y'all, and it's super exciting (well, for us it is) and it's almost done! I'll tell you all about it as soon as it's ready.

Happy Monday!
Meg

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I can't wait. I am glad you are feeling better.
It sounds nice and I feel like a total slacker with what you have got accomplished today.,
With three babies now less and being pregnant.
I love your blanket and I love the colors.
Talk to you soon,

MarmePurl said...

Oh...so you are at the 'nesting,' high energy stage of pregnancy! Enjoy it!

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

My goodness. When do you sleep???? Love the blanket. It looks hard and doesn't surprise me one bit that you've got it tackled and are on time. Hooray for you!!! :)

Allison said...

Cinnamon rolls it shall be ... for dinner! That's what I had planned for today, so I guess that vibe crosses the ocean after all. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...