December 19, 2011

Finished Knit: Sports Logo Baby Blanket


I had an epic blogger fail.

I finished the baby blanket on Saturday, washed it, blocked it (as much as you can block cotton), and got it all wrapped and ready for Ben to take to work today.

And then remembered this morning that I totally forgot to take pictures. Some days my prettiness amazes me.

So I decided to show you how much yarn I had left instead. It was very close. In fact, I had to join a bit of a remaining bobbin just to finish the last 2 inches of bind off.

I was sweating bullets to the whole time, because I didn't have time to order more yarn and get it in time to finish for Christmas.

I might or might not have left out a row (or 5 *cough*) of stockinette, just to make sure I could make it...

The beginning
The start of the intarsia section.
Pattern: No pattern, just made up but based off the size for the Babylove Blanket

Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Sport in "Planetarium" and "White" - 364 grams / 991 yards total

Needles: US 4/3.5 mm Susan Bates aluminum circs

Knitline: December 8th - December 17th

YTD Mileage: Woohoo, this put me to 5.39 miles! I need to finish those shawls if I have any hope of getting near 10....

Now it's time to finish family presents!

Happy Knitting,
Meg

5 comments:

Marti said...

Glad you made it work. From the tease, it sure looks like it will be a welcome gift.

Kim said...

Maybe the recipient will take a picture and send it to you. Now we ALL want to see the finished product.
I have had a few rug hooking projects where I was down to the end of a piece of custom dyed wool and wondered if I would make it. Its nerve racking!

Farm Girl said...

I so totally agree with what Kim said, I have had that happen so often and it makes what ever I am making not fun but panic stricken.
I do wish you had got a picture because I did want to see that. I really like the rich blue color.

Julia said...

Meg, I'm just amazed at your beautiful knitting. You are very creative and must be knitting in your sleep.

I can knit a little but never made pretty things like you do. I love all I see.
Have a Blessed week. JB

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

I'm betting it was absolutely beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...