December 14, 2011

2011 Resolutions Revisited

It's that time of year again! Time to go through my resolutions I set at the beginning of the year and see how I did. I usually try to do this earlier in the year just so I have time to do some if I haven't finished them yet, but I've been so busy I didn't even think about my list until last week. Let's see how I did....


 --------------------
1. Pay off the car loan. We paid off 3 loans this year, including Ben's truck and another really big one! By putting our heads down and really getting serious we were able to put our money to good work. Our goal is to get the car paid off sometime this year and have no debt left but our house ( which we're also hoping to pay off in about 10 years or so).

Scratch that - our roof started leaking during this last big storm (and since I made this list) and changed our plans. This year means hopefully getting a new roof before next rainy season. This is a little more important than paying off the car, so wish us luck!



Well... We did both! We did decided to hit the car first since it would remove the payment and we could use that chunk toward saving for the roof. The car was paid off in June and we just paid cash for our spankin' new roof! Woohoo!

2. Knit 10 miles. Oooooh. I only did 5 this year. Think I can do it? Might be a lot of shawls!



Well, I still have a few projects to finish up, but I don't think I'm going to make it to 10.


3. Be a better blogger. Oy, this one winds up on the list a lot. But I've tried hard in the last few weeks to blog every day, or at least every other day. Hopefully no more week long pauses. And better pictures. Which will be easier with my new fancy DSLR! But I'll cut myself some slack on this one since my family comes first, of course and there's no telling what will happen with small ones.

I think I've actually done pretty good with this one this year. Up until just recently, at least. And the reasons for dropping off in the last few weeks pertain to #4.

4. Open a knitting business. That's already sort of started with the zombies. But my hope is to open an Etsy shop and get the word out. Hopefully I can sell more than just zombies, too. Hehe.




Done and done! I got all the paperwork to become official at the beginning of the year and launched my shop in January. It trickled a bit until this holiday season hit, but I've been going like crazy since November and am booked with custom orders until mid-January at this point. THANK YOU to everyone - family, in town friends, my wonderful blog friends, and those of you who have been my customers over the past year. It has meant so much to me and I am very much looking forward to what next year brings!

5. Start and keep at a 365 Project. This means taking and posting a picture every. single. day in 2011. Doesn't have to be a theme, or anything fancy. Just a picture, everyday. With the purpose to use it as practice at taking better pictures. This should also help with #3.

 
Ok well that didn't happen. I gave up after a month just because it was so monotonous and boring and I hated it. And what's the point in doing something you hate if there's not a whole lot of good to come of it? But it's alright. I'm not really upset about this one.


6. Start my own website and move the blog. There are things I would like to do (like offer patterns for free and sale and incorporate #4), and expand the design of the blog. Hopefully income from #4 will allow me to do that.

This was done half way. I did purchase a domain name at first for the blog, and then one recently that points to my Etsy shop (www.bitofknittery.com). I wound up going through Raverly (praise Ravelry and their easy access) to sell and offer patterns and I love it. It takes most of the hassle out of it. So for now, I won't worry about creating a completely separate, self hosted website/storefront until I feel there is a greater need. 
------------------------------------

Welp, that's it! Except for a few mishaps and changes (like #5) I pretty much accomplished all I/we wanted to do this year. Yay!

Now I can get started on next years list! I am excited for the plans I have in the coming year.

Did you set resolutions this year? How have you done?

Happy Wednesday!
Meg

6 comments:

Marti said...

Hummm, I made a list, but lost it in the pile of papers on my table. I think clean the table was on the list, but I just can't find that list. So, maybe I'll start a new list for the coming year, and NOT put it on the table.

Farm Girl said...

You always blow my mind. You get so much accomplished.
I of course don't make resolutions.
I couldn't stand the defeat, :)

Kim said...

I'm impressed. I gave up the resolution thing years ago. Like MIL Kim, I couldn't stand the failure factor :)

MarmePurl said...

wow...I am kinda feeling lazy after reading all you have acomplished!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Wow Meg, you did great. I always break my resolutions so I tend not to make any.

no spring chicken said...

I'd say you are allowed to feel pleased with yourself! I'm certainly proud of you... again. :)

Blessings, Debbie

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...