August 3, 2011

Something Better

I feel bad about leaving y'all with such a grumpy post yesterday, so let's make it better with knitting, shall we?


Here is the pair of Emilie's in grey that I cast on to take the doctor's office. I could tell I was really nervous about going, because I cast these on Saturday so I was SURE to have something with me if I needed it. My panicking is worse if I don't have knitting with me. It's my security blanket.

I like this grey very much and the cabling is just so pretty. Although it's pretty bad when you forget your own design and have to look it up...


I wanted to show you the progress of the Around The World shawl, but it's hard to really see it without blocking. Hopefully you can kind of tell whats going on with this picture. It's really turning out nicely and aside from a hissy fit, maybe a few expletives aimed at the person who invented nupps (pronounced "noops"), and the decision to use beads instead... it's been really fun to knit. I'm half way through clue 10 and 11 is sitting by waiting for me. I think 12 comes out at the end of the month so I have some time.

Since the beads are hard to see in that picture, here is a different one

Still hard to see the lace patterning, and that color is not correct, but at least it's more than just a blob of yarn.

I forgot about the market bag until I opened the closet the other day. I ran out of yarn and it's really not enough, even if I put a green edging on it. So it's waiting for me to go get some more yarn... whenever that will be. I've also had a request reminder from Jack for a Loop hat in orange. I had forgotten about that so I guess I need to cast that on.

I am making bread today - not only our sweet toast bread, but I found a recipe in Fanny Farmer for Oatmeal Bread that involves, well, oatmeal of course and molasses and I made it with half whole wheat flour.

I wish you could smell my kitchen right now. Heaven.

Happy Wednesday my friends,
Meg

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooohh.. would the second bread be like hungry hunter bread?
Or am I way off..?

Farm Girl said...

It sounds so wonderful. You know your boys are going to hate that grumpy picture of them when they grow up. :) I think it is T. poor boy. He was little when that picture was taken, he hardly had any hair.

Kessie said...

Wow, that is some gorgeous knit work you have going. I just love the beads!

Baking is the pits when it's hot, but it's supposed to start cooling down (to at least 95!). Gotta love that marine air. :-)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Don't ever feel bad about venting. Everyone does it and its actually healthy. Love your knitting, you know what a big fan of it I am Oh. I meant to tell you how much I liked your beautiful header. Gorgeous photos.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Beautiful project as always. :-) And YUM....I most definitely wish I could smell your kitchen right now!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...