February 21, 2011

What's Cookin': Espresso Cake


Ben and I both had a crap Monday. Totally crap. (I think I jinxed myself with the whole "Make it a wonderful Monday" bit at the end of last post.) So when he called at lunch to tell me about it, I decided we needed something to fix it.

And what better way to fix life than to fill it with home baked sugary goodness? Extra points if it tastes like coffee.

Susan at From Beyond My Kitchen Window posted the recipe for this cake a little bit ago and I have not been able to get it out of my head since.


Please go visit to find the recipe! It's wonderful. Absolutely delicious. It's so light and delicate and not too sweet (despite all the sugar). It's definitely got a coffee/espresso taste, but it's not so overwhelming that you can't eat it.

And it totally hit the spot. Monday is fixed! (Thanks Susan! :D )

Happy Eating,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...