January 20, 2011

A Plethora of Projects


Although I'm not sure 3 qualifies as a "plethora". Just go with me.

Above is another pair of Emilies, in pink this time! Another order - I'm very excited! It's so great getting positive feedback and results when you put yourself out there.


I'm working on a design for another pair of fingerless mitts that I was hoping to have ready for Valentine's day, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. If I keep getting orders, this will just have to be a "when I get the chance" project.


A secret project that I can't really tell you about, but I'm loving the color! I'm designing as I go and I can't wait to share it with you.

I'm afraid a knitting break might be coming up. My hands are starting to cramp up from working on tiny needles for so long. I might need to take a day or two off pretty soon. I will get past these Emilies and see where I am at. Its hard to put the needles down. Maybe I will take the opportunity to work on some sewing projects I have in mind.

I learned yesterday that Interweave Knits is holding a call for submissions for an issue of the magazine they are calling "Jane Austen Knits" - designs inspired by the author, her books and the time period she lived in.  I really wish I had known about it earlier - it's been open since November, and the deadline is January 31st.

Last night I played around with some design ideas and came up with one that I think would work, but I don't think I could get it roughed out, swatched (you don't have to knit the whole thing first, you just have to do a tiny bit so they get an idea), and mailed off in time to meet the deadline.

Plus I don't think I would have the guts to actually send it anyways. I mean, really... Interweave is a HUGE publishing company. I would be so sick with anticipation waiting to hear if my design got accepted. That would be so freaky.

But I've got the design, I like it, and I might be creating it soon(ish) to sell in my shop.

If nothing else, seeing the CFS made my brain think and work out a new design.

I'm not quite sure how I went from knitting other people's patterns to designing my own. But I've been having a blast doing it.

Happy Knitting (and Thursday!),
Meg

5 comments:

Kessie said...

It's so exciting that you're getting orders! Knitting for money and all! Make sure you take breaks, though. You don't want to hurt your hands and then have to take a doctor-enforced vacation from it.

Too bad the boys are too little to teach to knit. Then you could start a sweatshop. :-)

Meg said...

LOL! Ben and I were talking about that the other day. If I got backlogged I would just make everyone in the house knit, just like a little sweatshop.

Farm Girl said...

I love all of the colors and I love the Jane Austin contest, I may be biased but of course I would think you could win. You know how my favorite color when you knit is that lovely pink color you are working on.
You need to rest your hands though and that is pretty funny your own little sweat shop. I could see all the boys lined up on the couch working away. :) Poor babies.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Do it Meg! I can't imagine anyone being as talented as you, Go for it I know you will win.

Allison said...

You're amazing. I am still working on the green shawl!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...