January 23, 2011

13 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me


It's the middle of January and I think because of the dreary, bleak, soul sucking weather of this time of year, we've all lost our blogging mojo. Most of the blogs I read have been fairly quiet lately, and I don't know about anyone else but I'm having a heckuva time coming up with something to write about. Don't worry though. There's a few finished Emilies coming your way (as if you haven't seen enough yet. Sorry!)

So today, you get some facts about me that you most likely didn't know. Sorry if I'm boring you to tears.

1. I'm a ground hog. (Take that to mean what you will, but my birthday is on Groundhog's Day).

2. I was married at 19 and I think it's the best decision I've ever made.

3. My twins and I are pre-eclampsia survivors, after a very near-death experience. (I wish I was being over-dramatic about that one, but I'm not.)

4. My biggest irrational fear is that our car will somehow wind up in a large body of water and I won't have enough time to get my babies out. In fact, I get a little white knuckled when driving near lakes/rivers/canals/etc.

5. My second biggest (not so irrational) fear is being bitten by a black widow and dieing a horribly painful death. I blame a Discovery Channel show seen at the age of 7 for that one.

6. I was home schooled.

7. I graduated High School at 16 and started college the same year. Because I was tired of school. I'm not sure how I figured going to college was "not school"...

8. I started my own website design business at 18, but then realized I really hated it (web design) and closed it down to get married and have babies.

9. My favorite ice cream is vanilla with hot fudge on top. If there's no hot fudge it's totally not worth it. Although I will go for a good Mint Chip.

10. I have tried sushi. It's awesome (if not a little weird at first).

10. I have an anxiety problem that sometimes causes me to freak out and panic in public. Knitting has gone a long way in helping calm that. (Maybe THAT'S why I'm obsessed.)

11. I don't know what the hell I'm doing most of the time, I've just become really good at faking it. :D

12. I've been in one minor accident my entire driving career so far. It was my fault.

13. I've dyed my hair approximately 5 different colors since the age of 13.

Happy Monday!
Meg

P.S. I finished my magazine submission Friday and it will be going in the mail today.

P.P.S. Check out the poll on the right hand side! I'm in need of some input on packaging.

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

You are so cute and I really, really love number 11, and yes, you are really good at faking it. I never knew.
I enjoyed this post and so glad you did it and I was wondering about your submission to the magazine so I am glad you answered that question.
I never knew most of these so I am glad you wrote them out.

Allison said...

I loved this! Maybe I'll do a similar post sometime... but for now let me say that I admire you for sharing point 10. I suffer from one as well, though different. Knitting has also been therapy for me!

This is the kind of thing I love about your blog. You are real.

Allison said...

p.s... yes, we have terrible rock slides! Once a stone about the size of my biggest kitchen pot crashed about one inch from my car as I was driving through the gorges. The person behind me said if it had been a bit more to the right, it would have hit us on the head. Ick, ick, ick on towering rocks! :D

Mom said...

You may come by 11 genetically... I was in my late (very late) 30's before I stopped starting everyday asking myself - "do you have any clue what your doing?" - and the answer was always no...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...