December 26, 2010

The Day After


Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house....


Are toys. Lots and lots of toys.


Those pictures are only the beginning of the carnage. My house looks like a Lego/Nerf/Hot Wheels/Dinosaur/tool war zone. Plus the goodies Ben and I got.

But it was a wonderfully easy and nice Christmas. Staying home was so nice and although I'm exhausted I'm really glad we did it.

Not sure I'll be doing it again next year, at least maybe not the mass of cooking. Maybe we'll get it catered! But the having people come to us part was really nice.

I got quite a few goodies this year. Aside from the mass of Knit Picks gift cards, yarn and Elizabeth Zimmerman books, I also got some awesome kitchen gadgets.

Ben got me some new sheet pans that I have been lusting over for quite a while. I can't wait to start using them. He also got me an electric knife. You know, those ones with the blade that runs back and forth really fast. Perfect for bread and tri tip! I was really sad I already sliced the bread I made the other day.

In addition to that, my Grandmother got me this really awesome little gadget:


It's called a Demy and it's a digital recipe holder that has all kinds of fancy options. It's really awesome!

All you have to do is register at the website, add in your recipes, then sync your account with your Demy via software you download to your computer. Then you can view your recipes on this little thing and read them as you work.


You can organize everything by creating separate "cookbooks" and putting the appropriate recipes in them. It has an index for easy finding. It has a measurement conversion page, a timer page with three separate timers for things you are cooking, and a substitution section for finding a sub if you run out/don't have something you need. It's pretty cool and I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of use out of it.


On Christmas Eve I finished my scarf and it's sooooo fuzzy and nice. I wish I could send it to each of you just to pet it. It's unusually soft for being a nylon yarn. I made it pretty wide because sometimes I like to wear them up over my head to cover my ears. I'll get a Finished Knit post up soon.

Now, to finish the pink shawl before the first!

Happy After Christmas!
Meg

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It all looks good, so glad you had a very nice time. The boys look so happy in those pictures.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Adorable boys. I love the recipe gift from your grandmother. I wish that had been on my list.

Allison said...

I've said it before...triplets! They're so sweet!

Seeing the drill in your son's hand reminded me of when I was pregnant with my third child. My son looked up at me with his plastic drill and asked, "How does the doctor get the baby out, mommy? With a drill?"

:D

Lynn said...

It looks like you had a really terrific Christmas. And great job finishing all those projects :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...