November 15, 2010

What's Cookin': Pumpkin Pie Pancakes


Something about feeding people makes me feel good. It also makes me happier to be around those people, even if they're horribly whiny cranky pants straight out of bed. I think sacrificing your own time to take care of those around you, despite their attitudes, softens your heart. Even if you still sorta wanna lock them in a closet.

I also like to experiment with food and today was a good one. My experiments don't always turn out very well. But today I decided to take some pumpkin I had in the freezer, put it in pancakes and see what happened. It worked! They turned out delicious and the boys ate all but the three I had to squirrel away for my own sustenance. It was also a good excuse to use the pumpkin pie spice I got at the store and have been wanting to put in absolutely everything.

I put 2 teaspoons of spice in, but I think it could have used more. Add to your taste. You can also make them a bit richer by substituting melted butter for the oil. Also, depending on the amount of liquid in your puree you might need to add a bit more milk to make the batter easier to pour. 

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
2 C flour
2 Tbs sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2-3 tsp pumpkin pie spice, to taste
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 C pumpkin puree
2 1/2 C milk
2 Tbs oil

In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, pumpkin, milk and oil. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until just combine. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir again gently before cooking.

Pour batter onto a hot griddle or pan, using 1/4 - 1/3 cup measure. Serve hot and enjoy!

Happy Eating,

:: I'm linking this post up to Beauty & Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday! ::

5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

They sound so yummy and I can't believe you would ever call those sweet lovable perfect in every way,
"horribly whiny cranky pants."
They are just misunderstood,it was to early in the morning to be up. :)
Though I think making them dust furniture sounds like a good thing for them to do on Monday.
I miss them so much. I can't wait to see them, I hope they are well and you are well too.

William said...

Great, now I'm hungry!

Also, I just thought of something you can make for me for Christmas (hint hint)!

Meg said...

You want pumpkin pie pancakes for Christmas? Or is this in relation to what Ems asked me about?

William said...

I don't know what Ems asked about, but it sounds mysterious and fun. No, I was referring to the pancakes!

Joanna said...

I got addicted to pumpkin pancakes after picking up a box of Trader Joe's mix. Now I make them all the time, but with whole wheat flour! Yours look so delicious and fluffy.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...