August 21, 2010

FK: Footies

Finito! (Or however you spell it.) Hoo boy that was close. I did what I (badly) explained yesterday. I ticked back both socks to where the heel ended, the did a mini cuff for about 1/4 inch and bound off. I took the rest of that yarn and added it to the second sock and continued in the same fashion. And looky how much I had left....

15 inches - I feel like a knitting ninja! (Just to toot my own horn a bit.) It got kinda scary for that last bind off...

Pattern: No pattern! Just toe up socks with a short row heel and a bebe cuff

Yarn: Regia Jacquard Color in, uhh... "5270" - 1 (50g) ball

Needles: US 1/2.25mm Susan Bates Quicksilver dpns for foot
US 0/2mm Susan Bates aluminum dpns for tiny ribbed cuff

YTD Mileage: Since I used just about the whole ball, I'll round it to the full amount (229 yards) giving me a new YTD total of 3.32 yards

I have a few dishcloths I've done that I need to add up for my total as well. With my shawl, I just might hit 5 miles by the end of the year!


4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Hey they turned out really cute!! You did it to with a bit to spare.
I think I might of just thrown them in the corner and started over.
I think it is neat that you made them look so good.
Hey Valerie is back on a new blog called It's Only Ten Pounds I have her in my side bar if you want to click on it.

Meg said...

Oh sweet, I thought she had totally disappeared! *goes to stalk*

Anonymous said...

I thought I was gone for good also :)

Hi Meg! I missed you too! These socks are so cute! Have you ever thought about having a store on etsy.com? You are very talented. Thanks for coming back to follow me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg, I'm going to really work on that number coming down over the coming months. I'll be too embarrassed if it stays the same or goes up!

I might need a bigger red nose!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...