June 13, 2010

FK: A Pair of Socks

Today is the 21st birthday of one of my most awesome brothers-in-law. For his birthday, I am giving him these - a pair of socks. Once upon a time I made a pair of socks for Ben. Upon finding out that I was able to make socks and after trying them on and apparently liking them, I was tasked to make socks for said brothers. This is pair 2 of 3 for 1 of 3 brothers (confused?).

Pattern: Plain Sock (not an actual pattern)

Yarn: Knit Picks Essential* in "Dusk" - 1 3/4(ish) balls

Needles:  Ribbing - US 1/2.25mm Susan Bates aluminum
Foot - US 2/2.75mm Knit Picks Harmony wood

YTD Mileage: Weighing in at 2.9 ounces, this brings my new mileage to 2.86!

By using smaller needles for the ribbing it creates both a cleaner looking rib (in my opinion) and a little more "grip" so the socks don't slide down as easily.  Now I just have to make a grey pair for the last brother!

*I believe that Knit Picks has renamed this yarn to "Stroll", so if you want the yarn look for that name.

1 comment:

Kessie said...

Those came out awesome! They look storebought, even! I hope he likes them very much. :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...