May 12, 2010

C25K - Week One, Day 3

I figured I should do updates every now and then, to keep myself going. So today you get a lame update since it's only day 3.

I ran Monday and it went fairly smoothly. I was justifiably sore yesterday, but nothing too terribly bad. Then this morning when I tried to get out of bed I almost fell over. My legs had decided to stop working. They were revolting. In fact, I am firmly convinced that they were trying to detach themselves and leave me stranded. Making myself run today was tough, but I did. My legs were not happy at all (still aren't), but it did seem to be just a little bit easier as far as stamina goes. I wasn't quit as burned out by the end as I was Monday. I really do like this program. The walking intervals make it much easier since I can say "Ok, just keep going until you get the walk cue."

I am currently 28.5" around my high hip area (where my fluff is). I think a good goal right now would be to lose 3". The people who know me will probably tell me I'm being ridiculous because I'm already so small. But I really am unhappy with the bit of baby fat I have left, so I think 3 inches isn't a bad goal. Like I said, my goal isn't to lose weight, just fat.

Also, for anyone who is doing this with me - I just found a fitness blog that said NOT to run every day. You need time in between for your muscles to heal. So start with 2 or 3 days a week for the first month, then add more once you are comfortable.


2 comments:

Kessie said...

Make sure to drink lots of water! It flushes out the lactic acid that builds up in your muscles and makes them sore.

Farm Girl said...

I think fitness is always a good bet anyway. it helps the hormones even out. Good job though for giving a update every week.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...